*Before continuing any further please note a lot of users are having issues with Winpwn. We ourselves had issues creating an ipsw. If you have XP, this tutorial will work flawlessly. However, reports are coming in that it does not work wonders on Vista. Winpwn has been updated to 188.8.131.52, hopefully that should fix a lot of the issues.*
Please keep these notes in mind…
– You MUST do a full uninstall of winpwn before installing the new version
– Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
– WinPwn uses 300MB of ram at peak due to the ipsw being extracted in memory
– You must first click browse and load an IPSW to use WinPwn (i thought this was clear)
– For 2.0 only the *5A347_Restore.ipsw files are valid. The 345 image will not work
– If you see Failed to load image catalog/payload catalog, this is fine and won’t cause problems
– If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix
These are instructions on how to unlock and jailbreak your 2.0, 2G iPhone using Windows and WinPwn.
To follow this tutorial you will need to have iTunes 7.7 installed (make sure to reboot). Also, you may need to download and install .Net Framework if you are on Windows XP.
Install WinPwn by extracting the downloaded zip from Step One and running the setup executable. Once WinPwn has been installed it will put a shortcut icon on your desktop. Double click to launch the application.
We will also need to load the Bootloader files. Click the Bootloader 3.9 button and then select the BL39.bin file in your Pwnage Folder. Then click the Bootloader 4.6 button and select the BL46.bin file in your Pwnage Folder.
Next we will need to put the iPhone in the DFU mode and restore using iTunes. To put your iPhone into DFU mode please follow these instructions!
Once the restore is complete you will have your iPhone unlocked and jailbroken!